Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Monday, 21 January 2013

CG Artists Toolkit- Settle and Rest, Secondary Action and Overlap

Here is an attempt at settling and resting a pendulum. I keep forgetting that you need to add hang time on a swing and it really does help with the authenticity.


Using the earlier settle and rest techniques I was shown how to animate a chain. After the quite monotonous key framing of opposite points in was quite a relief to realize having done one unit of the chain you could copy and paste it onto the other three units and then shift the whole time line with two buttons! The resulting  effect is great! The only way I can describe it is 'swishy'.


No comments:

Post a Comment